Take a look at these astronomy science fair projects ideas to see if they can help you come up with your own plan. Remember, these astronomy science fair projects ideas are just a starting point for planning your science fair projects. You will still need to use the scientific method to completely map out your project.
* Build a working sun dial.
* Build a telescope.
* Build a model of the Solar System.
* Build a model of a NASA space probe.
* Discuss Lunar phases.
* Discuss the effects of an impact by a meteor, comet, or asteroid.
* Measure the distance and/or diameter of the sun and/or moon.
* Explain comets.
* Measure the circumference of Earth.
* Discuss global warming.
* Choose one of the planets to create a project around: Mercury, Venus, Earth, (Moon), Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, or the Dwarf Planet Pluto.
* How can we tell the Earth is turning?
* How can we tell the Earth orbits the sun?
* Explain the magnetic field of Earth.
* Demonstrate creating electricity from Solar Power.
* Demonstrate other uses for Solar Power; solar stoves, etc.
* Collect micrometeorites.
* Discuss why stars twinkle.
* Demonstrate gravity; discuss what different objects would weigh on other planets.
* Explain why the moon shines; discuss eclipses.